Tempo patent is filed!

Discussion in 'General' started by Fuserleer, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

Today is a good day!

After literally months of hard work, 70 pages, 30,000 words and many iterations....the Radix Tempo patent is filed.

This now means that over the coming weeks I can talk publicly about our tech, release whitepapers and other information.

Tempo is the first of a series of patents we are filing, but is by far the most important, critical and largest of the set. The remaining will be filed over the remainder of 2017 (for now I need a wee break from patents!).

For today though, lets enjoy the moment and look to what the future may hold :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  2. Sharky

Sharky Founders Staff Member

So it begins.

3. Donnie

Donnie Beta Testers

Can't wait for the Whitepaper, but for now enjoy few cold ones

skywave likes this.
  4. Fuserleer

Indeed though looking forward to invoking lots of these shortly!

[​IMG]

Flerg, skywave and Dark like this.
  5. bidji29

bidji29 Beta Testers

Can you tell us what is this Tempo? Is it the consensus algorythm?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
  6. Fuserleer

Almost..today is filing day, I have to wait until tomorrow before I can disclose (otherwise it could be argued that I disclosed on the 17th BEFORE the patent filing time stamp)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. mvidetto

mvidetto Beta Testers

Dan love the Tim and Eric universe episode, great drop lol. And congrats on the patents!

8. xtc0r

xtc0r New Member

Hi Dan,

can you explain what will happen in the next days? Will there some more details made public on the website? Can we really use the Radix environment for testing?
    Will you start more marketing? Twitter / Reddit etc.

Rantakemisti and Dark like this.
  9. CryptoScalper

CryptoScalper Beta Testers

Congrats! :cool:

skywave likes this.
  10. Petro

Petro New Member

Excellent news.

And congratulations for your perseverance Dan. Years of it.

The wheels are now in motion :)

junsha and skywave like this.
  11. Hansen

Hansen Founders Staff Member

Great news. Congratulations and may this be the beginning af a new era.

12. rotane

rotane Founders

Congrats indeed! Lets bring in the harvest :)

13. HjalmarBromwich

HjalmarBromwich New Member

First of all: Congratulations!

I have some questions regarding the implications of this patent for the future operations of Radix. I take it that it will be open source. Will it, however, also be free (as in freedom)? I don't know much about IP, but it seems to me that patented software by definition is non-free, unless the patent is filed to prevent others from patenting the technology.

I think this is a legitimate question, since the largest cryptos are either unlicensed or released under a permissive license. Bitcoin and Litecoin are unlicensed, as far as I know. Ethereum and Ripple have a permissive license (GPL and ISC, respectively). It seems to me that a thriving ecosystem for this kind of technology might require freedom of software.

Lemming, mpi and Dark like this.
  14. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

When possible can we get the Patent Pending number so i can find it and read it. This is the consensus system right?

jonas452 likes this.
  15. Fuserleer

You wont be able to read it while it is pending, only granted patents can be read with the patent number as I understand it.

However, I'm dropping the White Paper on the Radix ledger and consensus VERY soon. Finished up the first draft today, now gotta clean it up, have it reviewed by a few technical people I'm close to in order to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Its tricky to convey something in the level of detail this requires and not miss anything as it's been my life for 4 years....what seems an obvious conclusion to me may not be for others.

junsha, wizzardTim, tesslerc and 4 others like this.
  16. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

ok sounds great, I look forward to reading it..

17. filchef

filchef New Member

So I read White paper but for me is not clear concept of the SHARD

I don understand if shards is
    1. One super-node with different software which collect all database whit history for all events in Universe
    or
    2. It is one node with different software that manages distributed between nodes database whit history for all events in Universe.
    If it is a second thing problem for growing database and slowing network speed is all most solved because with growing database can increase number of nodes which collect some piece of all database but if is first thing database will growing fast and can't work after few yеars.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  18. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

Sharding is an industry standard term for nothing more than a way to split 1 database into multiple databases such that there is no requirement for 1 user to have the complete list of records as long as each of the individual databases (shards) can reference each other as needed.

Here's a visual for what that looks like.
    [​IMG]

Lloyd likes this.
  19. filchef

filchef New Member

Тhanks - now I know you're on the right way

20. jmmc

jmmc New Member

As I see Radix, its scalability is build on idea of sharding (+ some additional features) to compete poor Ethereum (scaling) peformance. Thing is that Ethereum is aware of this issue and they already introduced "sharding" so AFAIK it's their plain to implement this feature to scale as needed. My concern is while all Radix's major goal is hi-performance horizontal scaling, once Ethereum implements it (and be frank they have more than enough budget and capacity to do so in decent time), why should businesses and investors move from Ethereum to Radix (especially when they hugely invested there and their apps are already running there (or are under construction) ?