Radix needs a credit card update

Discussion in 'General' started by Rad-voyage, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

2. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

Thanks for sharing.
    The Fuze card looks slick and definitely has pros, but it also has some cons as well (just like any card does).

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fuze-card-your-whole-wallet-in-one-card-money-technology#/

-NFC vs chip/dip looks cool, but I'm old school and don't want to have to foil-protect (Faraday cage) my leather wallet from someone scanning my ass (where my wallet is) and taking my funds.

-Battery lasts about a month and needs to be recharged regularly. Great, yet another thing to have to charge up before I leave home. If not, that could make for some odd negotiations on a date: "Honey, do you have any money? My wallet just died" LOL

-Remote wiping/deleting does look cool, but I'm not too concerned with that as I'd never put more on the card than I expect to spend while out. Why put more than you need when you can load it up at home when needed in seconds.

Just my random thoughts.

Rickard and Lloyd like this.
  3. Ste

Ste New Member

Peachy,
    I definitely agree with you about not liking NFC and not wanting to worry about having to charge the card up before going out. But a similar recharge problem would apply to having to "reload" the card with the right amount of RDX before I leave the house. What if the dinner costs more than expected, or we want to go shopping afterward? Using a pre-loaded card isn't quite the same as a credit card.

4. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

Top it up from your phone perhaps? :-D

Takes about 200ms currently haha (ignoring getting phone out etc)

Collett, Lloyd and Rickard like this.