Radix ICO

Discussion in 'General' started by olliejjc16, May 11, 2017.

1. maaf

maaf New Member

So I was wondering about this scenario:
    Lets assume market cap goes up a lot, lets just say to 1 billion. Suddenly everything crashes hard, like crypto has no more value for whatever reason (just a scenario) and nobody wants to buy crypto anymore, but radix can only loose so much value as the system can burn (a lot of might belocked in the wallets). But since 1radix = 1usd I just can sell my radix? The "system" just buys up my radix with usd? Where does the usd come from (assume no "real" buyers)?

2. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

is there to be a beta test to trial the economics?

3. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

Oh but of course. ;)

4. tadkis

tadkis Beta Testers

1) DEX calculates info about supply also
    2) Wait for economics whitepaper. For now it is just guessing

5. Steeve

Steeve New Member

Hey. Let me see if I get this. So now in crypto if a market cap is doubled the price (total value of my portfolio) is doubled but in radix if the market cap is doubled the price gets only 50%? Also how is this different from bitconnect who makes new tokens to pay the interest rate ? And also if a 60% drop in price happens where are ypu going to find the tokens to burn in order to get the value back to 1 $?

6. Mirco Richter

Mirco Richter New Member

Reading this thread, I assume that there will be no initial ICO, as you don't need that money and decided that it is better to just launch the network publically and see where it goes. Is that correct?

7. Peachy

Basically yes. The ICO funds would not be needed now so they'd just sit in a wallet collecting dust until the finished product is released and the marketing plans begin.

8. LLANGG

LLANGG New Member

any news on launch?

9. Peachy

Q2/Q3.
    Feel free to add your email to the mailing list here: https://www.radixdlt.com/
    and you'll be sure to be notified of any key milestones before they happen.