Radix ICO

Discussion in 'General' started by olliejjc16, May 11, 2017.

1. hotlineforhelp

hotlineforhelp New Member

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but let's say you buy 5000 Radix and the demand goes down (and thus the supply goes down), you won't lose any Radix right? In other words, I will NEVER lose any money? How is that possible?

2. trescuernos

trescuernos Beta Testers

You wont lose any Rdx. If the demands go down, the system will reduce the supply buying and burning tokens in the DEX exchange.
    This has a limit, and the tokens value could fall. A few time ago, Dan made a test with this system and all the transactions history from bitcoin, and was a success. The value barely moved.

3. hotlineforhelp

Then I guess the name of the game will be to buy and accumulate as much as possible on Day 1...when the supply will be at its lowest (assuming it doesn't go down even lower after launch), but I very much doubt this 1 year after launch.

4. LLANGG

LLANGG New Member

keep in mind that day1 investors only are rewarded after the fourth distribution round.

5. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

Adopters who buy in on day one will receive interest payments following one economic period and continue to do so going forward at each economic period interval.

6. hotlineforhelp

Just to keep things simple, tell me if I'm correct here based on a few assumptions:

Market cap on Day 1 is 20M

I buy 5000 RDX for $5000.

When market cap doubles to 40M, I receive 1.5x my original investment.

When it reaches 80M, it'll be another 1.5x and so on.

If it were to reach 1 billion mcap, going from 40 to 80 to 160m to 320 to 640 to 1.2 billion approximately, it would be 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x my original investment.

Now this is for interest. What if I was running a node from Day 1? How is that calculated? Moreover, who's to say the day 1 MCap will be 20M? What if its much higher?

7. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

We will not comment further on economics until the white paper for the economic model is finished. Economics are still being finalized.

Generally, new supply is split between holders (interest) and nodes (acc. to work done). If you were the only node doing work, you would get all the supply that did not go to holders. If there are more nodes, you will share.

8. Damags

Damags New Member

How long is a period ?

9. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

To be defined in the economics whitepaper.
    Sorry, but that's the best I can give at this time.

Don't worry, however, the details of everything will be distributed and made available to everyone well in advance of the expected Go Live date so you'll have ample time to digest and question it.

Damags likes this.
  10. vicm

vicm New Member

Hey,

will I get informed via email when the ICO will start? I signed up on the homepage for the mailing list.

Thanks

11. Peachy

Yes.

12. fishbulb

fishbulb New Member

I'm somewhat concerned that there will be a delay between when you buy in and when you start receiving interest. The length of these "economic periods" could be a problem come adoption time. Let's face it, every new crypto is built upon speculation, if you limit the returns from this speculation too much you are going to face potential challenges.

1) Slow adoption or worse limited adoption - why invest in Radix (and investing is all the crypto market is to 99% of people) when you can get better returns elsewhere with one of the massive pump coins (which are still innovative coins). Speculation creates awareness of the coin, when you see a coin go from rank 200 on coinmarketcap into the top 20, you notice it, and get very interested in it. if Radix languishes with slow market cap rises this will hurt adoption.

2) Clones - The Radix team has truely built something wonderful here, you will get first mover advantage but that doesn't mean success against any clone which is guaranteed to come out. For instance, lets say Radix gets cloned and they turn the 1.5 return to 1.8 return (leaving remainder for nodes). Plus, they also get rid of the having to wait one "economic period". This clone will then have higher returns for investors and when speculation is the game here, you might find that the clone coin gets the adopters and not Radix

I am glad that the Economics are still being finalized, because if you get this wrong it could be the difference between massive success or very limited success. In my opinion the 1.5 return is somewhat acceptable, but I really don't think having to wait an "economic period" for interest is a good idea. Don't kill off the speculation, any massive innovation has always been accompanied by massive speculation. You will get very little interest if a good amount of money can't be made. Hell, do you think Facebook, Twitter, Uber etc would have got any seed funding if there were limited returns to the investors who provided the funds?

Damags likes this.
  13. Peachy

I'll try to answer your concerns, but be advised this is my opinion only.

Regarding the economic periods:
    It hasn't yet been decided what the time period will be, but I'm guessing it might be weekly. Regardless, there were plans to include some type of expected payout screen where you can see what your potential earnings and interest will be so that you can estimate that payout before the next distribution. Granted, it's not guaranteed as the system might need to burn supply if aggregate demand is dropping before the next distribution.

Re: Clones
    The system is covered under a defensive patent to prevent parties from copying it outright for the reasons you described above as well as to prevent banks from incorporating the system into their back office and thus gain the benefits for free (which is what is happening with most other projects currently). Overall, the expectation is to go fully open source once we've achieved an established market penetration whereby it would be substantially difficult for another entity to clone our entrenched user base.

As for ROI expectations:
    I generally don't like to comment on these topics as it's really not a core tenet of ours. To be quite frank it wasn't what Satoshi envisioned as his original goal as well. The current space has morphed (sadly) into partnerships with the very institutions the movement was originally looking to supplant due to their naked greed that almost brought the world to a screeching halt (i.e. Anyone remember Occupy Wall Street?)

Regarding your comment "...when you can get better returns elsewhere with one of the massive pump coins": That implies that you can time your trades to achieve that ROI. For every winner, there are generally more losers that get wiped out.

Effectively, I believe there is ample opportunity for our solution to thrive and that there will be a substantial number of traders involved, but our primary customers are the average Joes and Janes. They have, for all intents, been effectively left out of all current solutions as the overriding focus of the 1000+ coins released so far has been on ROI and not on developing a SIMPLE solution to free the everyday public from the controlled financial system.

Last comment: Generally, I view all of the coins in the current crypto space (e.g. fixed quantity coins) as more like stock market instruments in which they trade in a fixed quantity number of shares to drive up/down the price of a share. While this may seem like a huge market it is dwarfed substantially by the largest market on the planet: FOREX

You can see the difference in dollars traded per day here:
    Stocks: 191B/day vs. Forex: 5.3T per day
    https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/educa...trading_lesson/2014/01/24/FX_Market_Size.html

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Lloyd, Anima, Rickard and 1 other person like this.
  14. fishbulb

fishbulb New Member

Thank you for the detailed response Peachy, you have alleviated my concerns and everything you said sounds pretty good. I don't really have anything to add, except that the patents will only protect you against the law abiding (the Chinese for instance don't car about such things). But, hopefully by the time people start to copy this project you guys will be so far in front it won't matter.

15. tminus

tminus New Member

I am really against an economic period being time based. I think it should be based on the trigger for new supply, if the new supply is not triggered nobody is gaining anything.

New accounts will be able to accrue interest after X amount of new supply triggers have been fired. I think this system is more fair than time based.

16. Shannon B

Shannon B New Member

Hey Guys, im new to the forum, just wondering if there is a date set for the token sale yet?

17. Peachy

Expected Go Live is schedule for 2018 Q2/Q3
    Per FAQ: https://goo.gl/CfdUPf

Shannon B likes this.
  18. Cristian

Cristian New Member

So if I run a node will I be payed?
    If that's true will be awesome

19. Lloyd

Lloyd Founders Staff Member

Yup, people running nodes making service(s) available to the Radix network will be paid proportionally to the amount of services their node generates to the network, for a given period of time.

20. TokyoRider

TokyoRider New Member

Hi Dan and team,
    first of all, congrats to your achievements so far! This mission is so exciting, and I really respect that you live up your principles and don't get weak for the quick money! You really try to make the world run better, and with this attitude you'll achieve a lot!

I read your whitepapers and many posts here in the forum, but to be honest: sometimes this was really a tough challenge for someone not being a native english speaker. This is why I still have a problem in understanding some basics, so I hope you can help me out now (and sorry in case this got answered somewhere else already here in the forum but I couldn't find the answers to my questions yet).

Here's the scenario:
    Total Supply: 10.000 RDX (=10.000 USD)
    Chris owns 10% of the initial supply = 1000 RDX
    Anna wants to buy 800 RDX via DEX (using Bitcoins)

Question 1) How does the system recognize that the demand of Anna needs to be fulfilled with additional, new tokens? Anna wants to buy RDX right now and can't wait, so how does this work? Is there an order book, and every buy request not fulfilled within x seconds lead to additional, new tokens created by DEX / the system?

Question 2) I understand that in case of additional supply is required, all token holders will receive 50% of the new supply. The same is true for node operators. In my scenario, the additional supply of 800 RDX would lead to additional 400 RDX to all token holders and 400 RDX to all node operators. Chris initially owned 10% of the original supply, this is why he gets (800 RDX additional supply x 50% x 10% =) 40 additional RDX. Chris' new balance whould show 1040 RDX.

With the original 10.000 RDX from the very beginning, plus the 800 new generated tokens (400/400), the new total supply is 10.800 RDX. Here is my second question: the 800 RDX are distrributed to "existing participants" of the system (token holders, node operators). What's in for Anna?? Until now, she didn't get the chance to buy the requested 800 RDX, the only effect was that existing users got more RDX! How can she get the requested 800 RDX?

Or is the calculation: 10.000 initial supply, plus 800 RDX for Anna, plus 400 RDX for token holders, plus 400 RDX for node operators (all additional coins new created by the system) = new total supply of 11.600 RDX?

I would be extremely thankful if somebody from the team could answer my questions!
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018