Radix ICO

Discussion in 'General' started by olliejjc16, May 11, 2017.

1. hotlineforhelp

hotlineforhelp New Member

So you think it'll be good for existing holders but not the rest of us?

2. trescuernos

trescuernos Beta Testers

No, Simple maths, for example:

Imagine one shitcoin who people buy-in and pump a 100% of his Mkcap. Their early investors win almost 100% of their value. If Radix grows 100% of his Mkcap, that growth is shared between holders and nodes. Satoshi has almost 1M of BTC, this always will be +/- 5% of total BTC Mkcap, but, if somebody has the 5% of the total RDX at launch, with each economics period, his percentage of total Mkcap will be reduced. Radix has been build under a fair principle of distribution.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. LLANGG

LLANGG New Member

edited

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  4. hotlineforhelp

My question is, if I'm trying to accumulate....going in Day 1 would be ideal. What will be the total supply?

5. Rickard

Rickard Beta Testers

No total supply limit. The supply depends on demand.

6. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

Radix is not a ponzi scheme - please explain yourself if you want to be taken seriously.

7. Anima

Please change earlier statement so its clear its not a real accusation. Others will read and will be turned away when they read stuff like that.

8. hotlineforhelp

If I want to own 1% of Radix on Day 1, and the supply is 100,000 that is possible, if it's 10 billion, it's not possible. Obviously the percentage I own matters A LOT when new supply is created and I am "rewarded" so that's why I am asking.

9. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

Well it for sure isn't $10B.
    I'd be surprised if the number currently is even 7 figures.

10. hotlineforhelp

Okay so say it's 999,999. I buy 5000 at 5000 dollars. I know own 0.5% of Radix. The demand increases by 10 million later in a year. My earnings would earn 0.5% of that newly made 1 million, resulting in an additional 50,000 Radix in my account?

11. trescuernos

trescuernos Beta Testers

No, the new supply will be distributed between holders and nodes in each economic period. This is a fair distribution.

We must wait for economic paper for details.

But, from my understanding, it will depend on several factors: how much is created in each economic period, how much of that new supply is sold by the holders, and maybe others..
    Maybe the system will create those 10 M in only one period, maybe he will create them during 100 periods.

Chris G likes this.
  12. hotlineforhelp

Okay so how do I become a holder/node?

13. trescuernos

trescuernos Beta Testers

You can become a holder buying rdx from the release day.
    You can become a node, simply installing the client and running the services.
    Before the launch, the Radix team will publish the client's instructions for sure.

14. LLANGG

LLANGG New Member

what about emunie investors? at which rate are they rewarded with rdx?

15. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

eMunie contributions were made back when it was 1-emu/$0.10.
    Those have been converted over to the 1-Rad/$1 method.
    Simple division by 10.

16. hotlineforhelp

Sounds good. I'll do both. But the supply still concerns me as a result of total percentage that I'll hold.

17. trescuernos

trescuernos Beta Testers

Great... Your stake (like mine) never will be enough :D;)

18. Chris G

Chris G New Member

So the elastic supply is what will guarantee a relatively nominal coin value - as opposed to the inflated values of current currencies (re: BTC)?

19. Anima

Guarantee: No
    Try to the best of its ability: yes

20. trescuernos

trescuernos Beta Testers

Elastic supply allows relatively token stable value. Transfers inflationary/deflationary pressures from the price to the supply exactly like central government but automatically, faster and fairer IMO.