Radix ICO

Discussion in 'General' started by olliejjc16, May 11, 2017.

1. Rickard

Rickard Beta Testers

Yes, when new supply is generated it will be distributed to wallets (50% ) and nodes (50%). And you can earn fees for some of the node-services.

There is a thread about nodes:
    https://forum.radix.global/threads/radix-nodes.4506/

2. Nebula

Nebula New Member

This moment is finally coming, my question is if the buyer's market funds less, then the currency is still maintained at 1 US dollar, rather than to appreciate?

3. dude

dude New Member

It has it's own exchange!? They're thinking of EVERYTHING and BEFORE they release. Mad props for taking 6 years to work on something and doing it the right way. Insanely excited to be able to get in on day 1. Feel lucky to have found Radix.

4. dude

dude New Member

I might be totally wrong, but I've been thinking about it and it seems to me that the idea is to prevent the massive spikes up and down which often happen in trading. If they do the algorithm right this could smooth the rise so that it just looks like a clock pointing at 2 o'clock instead of going from 1 to 5 over and over. This gives the impression of stability to the market and leads to more people buying and speeds up adoption. Look how fast IOTA has gone up in just a month. $1 Billion to $10 Billion. Imagine Radix builds a $10 billion market cap in a week? Investors won't put their money in if gains are all going to Radix team.

5. dude

dude New Member

With an onboard DEX, supply control, and lots of fresh BTC going straight to Radix this could legit moon, passing BTC within weeks if done right.

6. Tobias

Tobias New Member

Hello, I have been reading this forum a lot lately, and just recently started with cryptocurrency. My question is: Will you be able to buy RDX with fiat money (with visa card), or do you have to exchange it with BTC first?

Thank you, looking forward to this:)

//Tobias

7. LLANGG

LLANGG New Member

to the guy who asked about the price at launch:
    the idea is that this is a stablecoin, the price will be 1$, always.
    holders will receive new radix whenever new radix is generated in rounds.

the perfect ponzi;)

8. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

Those who don't understand call it a Ponzi.

Those who do, call it quantity theory of money -

9. Lloyd

Lloyd Founders Staff Member

Yes, if Demand < Supply then Supply will be reduced via lower earnings or other means that the System has available to control or reduce the existing Supply. If Demand > Supply then new Supply will be distributed as explained above.

But just to clarify the account hodlers balances will not be reduced.

10. LLANGG

LLANGG New Member

yeah, sorry, not ponzi but pyramid;)

just kidding, great idea for a stablecoin!

11. Chris G

Chris G New Member

Like many others, I have also followed Radix - previously emunie - for awhile, and I am very excited to finally see this come to fruition. If anyone has any illuminating information regarding beta testing, or how to be involved prior to genesis date, please pass the good word. Thank you!

12. Nebula

Nebula New Member

I feel IOTA belongs to the cottage currency, due to enter a large exchange, and the venue sufficient funds, the holder is only in the allocation of funds risk. Radix belongs to the new wheels, will surely attract large numbers of people flocked to.

13. Nebula

Nebula New Member

Thank you for your warm guidance, I know little about Radix, such as opening an online store, making mobile games? I have this plan, ETH recently blocked the network caused by kittens, let me worry about the development of their own game in the above, I will continue to focus on the development of this community line!

14. Nebula

Nebula New Member

This is what I have just discovered, I do not know whether the description is correct. (IOTA is a tepid 2015 ICO project .IOTA a large number of tokens in the hands of a small number of people, the price is easy to manipulate, which is why the ICO's 0.00017 US dollars rose to the current 4 US dollars , 20000 times the rate of increase! This centralized trend is very unfavorable to the long-term development of the community.IOTA does not need to mine, there is no transaction fee, each participant provides the network to calculate the power, lack of corresponding incentive This is extremely detrimental to the stability of the IOTA network. IOTA uses Tangle technology, this technology is not a real blockchain, just to solve the problem of blockchain expansion, the blockchain is only a pretext of IOTA.So IOTA As a technology that can be used in the Internet of Things, it can not be used as a digital currency.)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 7:57 PM
  15. Alex Gierczyk

Alex Gierczyk New Member

Who do you think will hold most of the Radii?

16. Pakete

Pakete New Member

Is it really possible to prevent a rise in value if the currency is popular?

Will you be able to purchase Radix beforehand? I'm interested.

17. hotlineforhelp

hotlineforhelp New Member

So I understand there's no ICO? Either way, how does one become an early investor or node runner? It's important to get in early so that your overall % of the supply is at a higher number than later on. When new supply is generated, we all get 50% boosts.

18. Lloyd

Lloyd Founders Staff Member

I think some clarity is needed here. Lets say there are 100,000,000 RDX (100M) at beginning of launch and that is distributed out to say 10,000 wallets in various amounts.

Let's say I have 1% or 1M in my wallet and the total new supply in the first interest period is another 10M. So 5M is distributed to the account balances. Mine would be .01 * 5M = 50,000.

Now the other 50% goes to Node earnings for providing network services and this is a more difficult to estimate. Again 10,000 nodes as each node will have an associated wallet ID, but not all of the nodes will be providing services to the network, many will just be running the light client for like phones etc. Then you also have the volume of transaction/sec that a node can process. If node A is running on an intel i3 cpu and node B is running on an intel i7 cpu, then obviously Node B will process more trans, if there inet U/D speed are about the same.

19. hotlineforhelp

hotlineforhelp New Member

Okay great so how do I become one of those 1% wallet holders? Obviously I can't buy 1M worth of RDX at 1 buck each.

20. LLANGG

LLANGG New Member

the ponzi part is where existing holders profit from new investments and the guy 'kind-of pre-mined' a lot himself and the four first rounds are distributed for early investors.