Radix Facts!

Discussion in 'General' started by Fuserleer, May 25, 2017.

1. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

I've been posting these on Twitter for a few days and now there is a few of them, figured it would be good to post them here also.

In total I've got about 50 I want to tweet, which I'm planning on spread out over the course of a couple weeks.

I'll update the post as and when I tweet more :)

For those that haven't followed us and want to https://twitter.com/radixdlt

Radix Fact #1 - Radix is not a #blockchain, but an entirely new #dlt architecture designed to meet the requirements of mass market and #iot

Radix Fact #2 - 'NULL-FABRIC' is our #consensus algorithm & is also new. It's secure, scalable, efficient & very fast! #blockchain #crypto

Radix Fact #3 - Fair incentivization is finally possible with #Radix! Nodes are rewarded proportionally for work performed. #bitcoin #crypto

Radix Fact #4 - Consensus controlled elastic supply removes volatility. 550m+ #bitcoin trades as test data resulted in < 1% yearly change!

Radix Fact #5 - Native debit cards allow payment processing on existing POS. No more Visa or MC! #blockchain #bitcoin

Radix Fact #6 - Unrivaled scalability allows future proof mass market use and #iot! No #lightning or #blockchain 2nd layers - all on ledger!

[​IMG]

Radix Fact #7 - The "NULL-FABRIC" consensus settles transactions rapidly, typically sub-second! #blockchain #fintech

[​IMG]

Radix Fact #8 - Environment agnostic, Radix deployments can operate as public or private networks without modification. #blockchain #fintech

Radix Fact #9 - Low hardware requirements allow devices such as Raspberry Pis to support the network and earn rewards #bitcoin #crypto

Radix Fact #10 - Mining is a thing of the past! NULL-FABRIC is a more efficient & fair consensus/rewards model. #blockchain #crypto #bitcoin

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    wizzardTim, wezelvis, junsha and 10 others like this.
  2. Fuserleer

Reserved for more tweets!

3. Fuserleer

4. Fuserleer

5. Jazzer

Jazzer The Dutch connection Staff Member

Oh and it comes packing some monster features including a builtin exchange, marketplace, native escrow, multisig, scripting, pruning, and so on and so forth ...

6. Fuserleer

all that covered by the 43 tweets left to come lol

7. Mario

Mario Beta Testers

Oh god please let us start already :D:D:D

8. Sistine

Sistine New Member

Excuse my ignorance, someone please educate me on this matter.

But if Radix's intention is to create a global currency that is stable and has low volatility, does that mean that the coin's value will always hover around a low price?

Also, don't you guys think at one point or another governments will put their foot into the world of cryptocurrency? Isn't all this a threat to the currencies that governments issue?

9. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

That's been a valid threat for about 8 years re: Bitcoin.
    So far the attitude has been "Let's see where it goes and how it develops and work with them to shape the technology for the benefit of the populace"

Granted, there's been a few hiccups (e.g. regulations), but nothing earth-shattering so far. I think they are more of the "wait and see what happens" mindset right now.

10. Petro

Petro New Member

The technology blockchain is already being used by governments.

For example, late last week there was a government of Canada conference on bitcoin and blockchain.

There's another, bigger one slated for next month.

Honduras is already using blockchain to record property deeds.

A few years ago, the above would never happen - and the vocabulary of blockchain and bitcoin was alien. Now, it is everyday government language. They might not adopt it - or are just waiting for a better technology (re:Radix) - but at least they are talking about it and holding government conferences.

- Petro

11. CryptoMomma

CryptoMomma New Member

Radix Fact #7 - The "NULL-FABRIC" consensus settles transactions rapidly, typically sub-second! #blockchain#fintech
    Does this mean it competes well with visa etc? For speed that is!

12. PoRco1x

PoRco1x New Member

From what I understand, Radix should blow Visa out of the water! :)

CryptoMomma likes this.
  13. CryptoMomma

CryptoMomma New Member

Let's hope so!

14. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

outside of technical differences how does Radix differentiate from Stellar in that it wants to be the new world cash.

15. jonas452

jonas452 Beta Testers

I think stellar uses blockchain no? if so, well, that!

16. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

Yes but i was trying to ask how Radix, Dash, Stellar, Skycoin, differ in goals or purpose - not comparing the tech or blockchain or consensus.

17. Fuserleer

Simply Radix is designed for mass-market consumers and IoT.

You've probably seen that we have native debit cards that DONT piggyback on VISA or Mastercard networks but can use existing hardware (it even uses the same protocol as them so they can't kick us off).

No other project is targeting that sector, mainly because the tech isn't available that could support 10,000s of consumer payments per second in a public, trustless environment.

18. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

yes i did see the two Youtube videos about this. I have to say this project is now on my top of the list in interest and as the goal is high and world changing - but achievable as i would say it has been through the crucible and survived.

How can i increase my participation or are we just in wait mode until your legal and patents are confirmed?

19. Fuserleer

Heh yeah we've been through the mill but still here...I'm stubborn and just refuse to quit :)

There's no wait on the patents, we can move ahead without them. I guess just keep an eye on things here, there will be more movement over the coming months now that focus can be back on Radix itself.

Alfred Duler likes this.
  20. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

ok will do, cheers..