Radix Economics

Discussion in 'General' started by Pizza, Jun 1, 2017.

1. dude

dude New Member

Don't bother with these guys. They don't even understand it either. We'll just have to wait for the economic white paper.

Alfred Duler likes this.
  2. Alfred Duler

Alfred Duler Beta Testers

Who said it will go to some kind of foundation? I said to radix holders and radix node runners and other stuff operators: fair distribution among users like me and maybe you :)

3. Pakete

Pakete New Member

But if we compare the two examples dude put forward, an investment in Radix or in another crypto like Bitcoin. If the market cap increases similarly percentage wise the Bitcoin investment will yield a significantly better roi (40x in the case dude mentioned?) than the Radix investment. But we'll wait for the economic white paper I suppose :)

When is the economic white paper most likely to be released? Is there any set date?

4. Alfred Duler

Paper due Q1 2018 Should explain it better.

To make it simple, if the market request make Radix price goes from 1$ to 2$, it stays at 1$ and the other 1$ is equally shared between radix holders and node runners etc. Easy. And with this price stability you win mister nobody everyday use and your account a small portion of a new radix...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Pakete likes this.
  5. dude

dude New Member

It's very apparent. The question is, why are you answering.

6. Pakete

Pakete New Member

I see. It will be interesting to see how much the Radix holders recieve of the total price increase. Can't understand how the price is set though, people that just purchased some Radix for 2$ will have it devalued? And what happens if the market cap decreases? It's not possible to just seize a certain percentage of everybody's coins.

Alfred Duler likes this.
  7. Alfred Duler

Those are very good question I'm eager to read answers from the economic paper! I hope it will hold a good and constructive economic debate.

please wait for economic paper Q1 2018

Pakete likes this.
  8. dude

dude New Member

I actually do understand how market caps work, lol. I don't understand how radix is going to work, which is why I asked some questions. All I got was a waste of time and a bunch of snide comments because I'm looking for profit. You've married some coin that doesn't even exist and been sitting here on a forum for 2.5 years. You're going to be in regardless, hahaha. Successful investors don't invest on emotion. But if you don't understand how bitcoins market cap breaks down into each coin's value I don't expect you to be a successful investor.

Alfred Duler likes this.
  9. Pakete

Pakete New Member

I think they'll abandon this idea and let it function like other cryptos. If there are enough coins, much more than the existing cryptos so that it is possible to make microtransactions even if the market cap is trillions of dollars and some whales sit on large quantities of coins, it will eventually stabilize. There should be some way to prevent whales to some extent, I believe that is key to success for the crypto in the long run, and make microtransactions possible. Then this currency could be the one that rules them all ;)

Alfred Duler likes this.
  10. Alfred Duler

It is a possibility, they are indeed few points I don't know how they may work, especially the needed deflationary part associated to any inflationary system. Wait and see! But 10k/TPS for a 3 nodes might be a game changer for a whole network ...

11. Alfred Duler

Intellectual and philosophical challenges interest me.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  12. dude

dude New Member

Couldn't tell by the way you write.

13. Alfred Duler

Izy one my friend. Chill.

14. dude

dude New Member

How can I propose something if the whitepaper isn't even out yet? I don't think anyone "plays" CryptoKitty, lol. I am super chill.

15. hotlineforhelp

hotlineforhelp New Member

So is the ICO over? If it is, how do you become one of the early investors and/or node runners?

16. dude

dude New Member

They did an ICO when it was called eMunie so those people get in early. The rest of us will all get in at the same time when the coins are released. Doubtful anyone other than ICO investors, friends and founders get in under a $75 million market cap, which is worrisome to me.

17. hotlineforhelp

So you're assuming there'll be 75 million RADIX available for purchase on Day 1?

18. dude

dude New Member

I actually don't know what to assume. Waiting for the economic whitepaper.

EDIT: I will say it's doubtful anyone would sell their coins on day one because they wouldn't be worth anything more than what they paid at that point. Unless they get a 50% interest payment for each doubling from their original market cap ($100,000 . . . $200,000 . . . $400,000 . . . $800,000?) That's a lot of interest payments before most people get in. It's concerning to me that some people get in early with the eMunie ICO and that the only reason I even know this is from reading the forum.

19. hotlineforhelp

So obviously, the most important thing to do is to buy RADIX during Day 1....seems like BY FAR the smartest move.

20. Lloyd

Lloyd Founders Staff Member

Yup day 1, and some of us have been here since mid 2013 and have seen the multiple iterations of the client evolve into what it is currently. It started at about 130tx/s and has grown to over 10,000tx/s in this the 4th iteration of the client. Radix is designed to appeal to the common consumers your grandmother knows how to use a debit card, and eMunie/Radix has had a working direct debit card since early 2015 at least.

And yes there will be further investments in Radix even after day 1 by several of the Founders and Beta testers.