Radix Apps

Discussion in 'Development' started by Steven, May 12, 2017.

1. Steven

Steven First To Exchange Emunie

In open beta will radix have the built in app support? If so I have a few questions:

1) I am guessing that if the app can send radix to users, that would require a external request to the apps server correct? any chance for a example on how one would do it (for a minimal example, just a box with radix public key and then next box containing how many to send. then when a button is click a ssl supported connection is made, a php example of getting the request and sending to the local radix wallet would be awesome)

2) There will be a decentralized database correct? need examples for that too if possible :)

3) Are he examples and documentation found on this forum still valid?
  2. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

There are a few ways to do apps.

First and probably the most common will be smart apps that run in the network (a bit like how Ethereum's do). An app will be deployed to the integrated app store, users will download and use. All actions will take place on the network, with the data in the network....totally decentralized.

The second type of apps will be a bit of a hybrid and will power 3rd party services that need to connect to existing APIs or data stores outside of the network.

Think of a Facebook app deployed to Radix to make payments between Facebook users. We don't have all of the user data in our network of course, Facebook owns that data in its data centers and will not want to give it up and have it hosted publicly. The Facebook app would manage linking your Radix wallet to your Facebook account and deliver all the information about friends you can pay and other possible actions you can do.

The information I posted about the apps is still largely valid, but needs a bit of a refresh to bring it totally up to date.
  3. Rick O

Rick O New Member

Hey! I am part of a prodigious dev team for a very common e-commerce platform. We are building a payment infrastructure for stores that use said platform. Sortof p2p or b2b at first.

Ethereum has a number of frustrating points. Iota is not exactly the right fit. At the moment BitShares is by far the best option.

Obviously we would like something more.

We are very interested in being part of a beta program for the API.

We will keep an eye on your progress.
  4. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

Welcome to Radix. Good to know we are becoming noticed :)
  5. Kafka

Kafka New Member

Yeah I'd be interested also to know more about the apps and when-what we'll have available to build something. Seems like radix ticks all the boxes from whatever exists on the market.