Name of the token

Discussion in 'General' started by Gedke, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

Think mainstream adoption. Do you think people will want to say they sent an RDX to someone?

Google, while weird, managed to get an action named after itself: to google or googling (danish: googler).

EMU is a bit weird in that context, but it has meaning.. electronic monetary unit.. but i think its not quite right. I just don't agree that Bitcoin is BTC, Litecoin is LTC, Ethereum is ETH and this we need RDX or whatever :)

2. Ryan.a85

Ryan.a85 Founders Staff Member

That's why we need a consumer name for mainstream, I guess most us aren't inclined towards anything eMu related by now. Right?

3. Leon

Leon Beta Testers

I really like these two for their boldness and straight-forward claims. Additionally, GEM is very easy to pronounce and use verbally in every-day situations; in contrast to EMU etc.

4. Pizza

Pizza I liket the pizza nomnom

Nobody will get the meaning of electronic monetary unit from EMU unless someone describes it to a person, whereas as i mentioned before eMoney requires no explanation and is self explanatory to average Joe.

5. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

emoney? - hell no :)

Let me see..

Eu-ro
    Dol-lar
    Di-nar
    Pe-so
    she-kel
    re_al
    kro-ne
    ru-pee
    Ku-na
    zlo-ty
    ru-ble
    Li-ra
    For-int

Most currencies lend themselves to 2 syllables. Maybe we should inspire from them?

6. trescuernos

trescuernos Beta Testers

EMU sounds near of Ecu, (European Currency Unit) the seed of Euro.

GEM is a very good name in my humble opinion too.

7. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

Isnt there already GEM....project GetGems?

8. Rickard

Rickard Beta Testers

9. Rickard

Rickard Beta Testers

10. Rickard

Rickard Beta Testers

Forget eMoney, it’s totally beyond our reach. It’s not only about the domain, but also the brand. The brand eMoney is owned by the Electronic Transaction Systems Corporation (ETS) and already in use for payment services.

https://emoney.com/
    https://www.etsms.com/emoney/

11. Pizza

Pizza I liket the pizza nomnom

eCoin only thing is some dumb bitcoin exchange, even just Token/ maybe Tokin . It portrays value and currency, it can become a form of payment all on it's own synonym to dollars.

Positions pays 100,000 tokens / yr
    How many Tokens is that? 5 tokens please

12. skywave

skywave Founders Staff Member

BUC Borderless Universal Currency (plural BUCs associates slightly to 'bucks')
    DUC Digital Universal Currency
    UCU Universal CUrrency
    UC Universal Currency
    UCU might be better than UC as UCUs in plural comes easy on the tongue.
    UMU Universal Monetary Unit
    WC World Currency (not good in plural)
    GC Global Currency (not good in plural)
    DI Digital International
    DIX (as suggested further up by @papicucu) is both singular and plural in pronunciation, and easy recognizable being Radix affiliated. OFC can be interpreted a bit rude too ;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  13. dpc123

dpc123 New Member

If it's just the token name and urls etc aren't necessary how about something keeping with the radix theme, like :

Core - cor
    Seed - sed
    Base - bas

But honestly, if the token catches on for practical reasons people will come up with their own slang and call it what they want. I guess for short term, while it's competing with shitcoins this is important though.

14. yabit

yabit Beta Testers

ORI - origin
    ORC - origin coin
    -

15. Sharky

Sharky Founders Staff Member

I'm actually for RAD. It doesn't matter if it's already used for some coin, as it's not very well known.

RDX is difficult to pronounce if you don't know the project yet.

iOS was already in use (by Cisco I think) before Apple. Did Apple care? No!

Marakanito and skywave like this.
  16. Hansen

Hansen Founders Staff Member

RDX is cool beacause of that phenomene:
    https://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglish/lessons/can-you-read
    If you see the first and last letter and (the same number of) letters between it like in the correct word you can read it anyway. So RDX is pretty obvious connected to Radix.
    Pronounciation is not an issue when it comes to shortform. Its U. S. A. and not usa, right? BeeTeeCee for BTC, which is just used without problems.
    So my vote for RDX!

Ryan.a85, Marakanito and skywave like this.
  17. jonas452

jonas452 Beta Testers

If you really want that then the only solution would be Ra-Dix...

I vote for RDX aswell

Alfred Duler and skywave like this.
  18. skywave

skywave Founders Staff Member

yeah, by letting it simmer for some hours RDX is perfect due to when spoken it is actually saying radix - so I agree with you guys.

19. Marakanito

Marakanito Beta Testers

No EMU! RDX is better.

20. a4zg

a4zg New Member

Does REM sound catchy? Acronym is Rapid Electronic Money but you got my vote for RDX, it's smoooooth :).