International Workshop P2P Financial Systems

Discussion in 'Economics' started by rotane, Jan 31, 2015.

1. rotane

rotane Founders

Hi Dan

I just came across this workshop Now look who is among the speakers and networking with the big ones: Stephan Tual from Ethereum - shit!!!

I hate to say this, but I have the feeling that the Ether guy knows how to play the game... Could it be that the success of crypto coins is not within the superior code but within the superior community? Who cares if they are a year behind, when the big players are nursing them? I think you should have been there, too, to tell them what we have to contribute. Too bad, the white paper was not ready yet. Hopefully it is not too late already.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. Lloyd

Lloyd Founders Staff Member

There is no crypto-currency out there that can scale to VISA speed levels, except eMunie. Not even Ethereum or Ripple, because they are based on blockchain technology. As Dan has stated in another thread with just 5 nodes eMunie had bursts of 160tx/s. With just 2000 nodes or more because the eMunie network is linear, the network will process 320,000 tx/s, which is above the VISA normal processing levels and VISA has hundreds of thousands of server centers throughout the world.

The difference maker in eMunie will firstly be the speed of VISA. Secondly a truly decentralized currency exchange, or the (DEX). Lastly, a truly automated dynamic elastic Supply/Demand to stabilize the eMunie currency, that uses the built-in DEX. No one even has a clue how to tackle these features, and Dan will be launching the eMunie network within months.

So the people attending this conference and Stephan Tual really do not know what they are even talking about, when it comes to a truly P2P environment, and the speed necessary to run the network.
    tesslerc, skywave and Rickard like this.
  3. skywave

skywave Founders Staff Member

well said/explained Lloyd!
  4. rotane

rotane Founders

Hi Lloyd

thanks for your reply. I totally agree on that we have superior code. Obviously you as a founder have better insight into the details. But what about the marketing? The world has seen lots of startups with superior technology that failed because they did not have the necessary publicity. You cannot substitute one with the other. I think, next time this workshop takes place, Dan should spread the word there.

5. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

I wouldn't worry about the marketing aspect either. That's Dan's forte as well. I can totally understand and appreciate your enthusiasm, but there is an order for the operations to achieve success (e.g. don't put the cart before the horse).

Thanks again for keeping up the optimism. ;)
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  6. rotane

rotane Founders

Hi Peachy

I just feel too involved, you know.Supporting emunie against Ether is like supporting your favourite team in a derby. Everytime the other team gets the ball you get mad about it ;-)

Peachy likes this.
  7. TheProfileth

TheProfileth Beta Testers

Well you must be mad all the time given that emunie hasn't had the ball in almost 2 years lol
  8. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

We're making our own ball, and changing the rules so that everyone can only play with ours! :p
  9. lou

lou Beta Testers

FYI - I didn't attend that conference, but I met some members of the Bitshares forum on Friday evening after the conference. We had a few beers and a nice conversation about politics and technology and stuff. I also mentioned eMunie, and the reactions were along

* Oh, that's still alive?
    * Closed source? Bah!
    * Didn't they want to launch a year ago?

I also told them about the performance of the last closed beta client, which *did* impress them. I also told them about the tx forest (at least the little that I know about it), which left them sceptical but interested.
    lovely89 likes this.
  10. lovely89

lovely89 Beta Testers

Many are sceptical, but no one can deny the innovative approach and new heights that eMunie among a very few other platforms are aiming for.
    E.g. skycoin, nxt, ethereum and to a lesser degree, a few others.
    Alot of sceptics seem to place ALL alternatives to bitcoin in the dogecoin/altcoin pool.
  11. TheProfileth

TheProfileth Beta Testers

And rightfully so as nobody has actually done anything of any worth ever, so those who think that are sane, unlike us
    lovely89 likes this.