Insuretech pilot is a go!

Discussion in 'Ecosystem' started by Fuserleer, May 31, 2017.

1. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

Providing you have a good memory, you may remember that I was on a visit to Silicon Valley at the end of April with a view to secure Radix as a technology provider for a joint venture insurance project.

I'm VERY pleased to announce that this is now going ahead and that Radix is the chosen platform to underpin the solution!!

Having our platform utilized by such parties prior to launch will be a huge boost for us when we launch publicly, come out of the gate swinging as it were.

Unfortunately I can't state who, or what the project is as I'm under a very strict NDA, so you'll have to wait for their own announcement (which I'm hoping is soon).

I'm sure though this raises a number of questions regarding Radix in general moving forward, which I'm going to answer now.

Firstly over the next few months I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the valley. I've been asked to have an active role within the project to guide the development team on all things Radix, DLT and block chain.

This role will consume 1/2 days per week maximum, and it is understood that I will be concentrating on Radix while I am out there. My presence is mainly a formality, as I could execute the advisory role remotely, but for convenience and efficiency it was requested that I was on hand. The opportunities available in the valley influenced my decision to agree.

Radix development will not stop or slow, in fact it will accelerate due to a few reasons:

1) The components they need to develop their solution are exactly the same components we need to get to a launch.

2) There will be opportunities to utilize their team to assist me on platform development where needed. Especially if there is a common requirement for a particular component.

3) This is a paid development project, thus it will provide funding for additional team members even before we have an official fundraiser.
    Further benefits are of course the fact that I'm in the valley, so I can promote Radix to other tech companies out there. The parties I'll be working with also have an influential presence in the valley, so can open doors and help to get me access to relevant people.

On the UK/EU side, things will be in good hands while I'm out in the US. Rob will be taking the reigns over here continuing the promotion of Radix as he has been doing excellently for almost a year now. I will of course be flying back and forth regularly as required :)

Timelines, I'm due to be flying out at the start of June now that its all official and is expected to take around 3 months, until September, for them to get to a prototype stage where I am no longer required to be on site so much.

Our own schedule at this point doesn't change, I'm still aiming for an OB and fundrasier in June (patents allowing :mad:).

I know a few guys on the forum live out on the west coast or near to, so if any fancy a meet up and a beer at some point while I'm out there, say the word!

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. Jazzer

Jazzer The Dutch connection Staff Member

Congrats!
    From here on, things will start moving really quickly I think!

3. dpc123

dpc123 New Member

Congrats!
    Coming out the gates with a use case like this can only help. Be vigilant with your time from the start. 1/2 days can be interpreted several ways ;)

I'm on the west coast and would love to meetup once you get settled.

4. Fuserleer

Radix has to be priority, if it's not the 3rd party project itself can't progress anyway, so that kinda safeguards my time.

Sure, hit me up mid June, I should be settled by then.

5. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

Excellent progress!
    I, as well, look forward to meeting up with you again in the states.

I'll start putting the word out to the relevant engineering teams at Cisco so we can potentially have an initial discussion on how it might be possible to integrate the solution into our IoT, or other platforms.

skywave, wezelvis, Lloyd and 2 others like this.
  6. Fuserleer

Thats what I'm talking about! :)

fyyt likes this.
  7. rotane

rotane Founders

Amazing!
    How about the tech workshop that you had announced in your schedule? Is it still scheduled?

8. Sharky

Sharky Founders Staff Member

This was in preparation for a long time, so I'm really glad this important side-project has finally launched. It will add a ton of credibility to the ICO.

skywave and madnn like this.
  9. kiaya

kiaya Beta Testers

Amazing news, mate - it's all coming together!

10. r3animation

r3animation Beta Testers

Nice work. :)

11. Donnie

Donnie Beta Testers

Wow amazing news :)

12. Petro

Petro New Member

Genuinely, congratulations! That's amazing and so positive!!

13. Mario

Mario Beta Testers

That's wonderful news!

14. Flerg

Flerg New Member

Hi everyone,

I'd recommend taking a look at Service-Dominant Logic.

I believe Service-Dominant Logic captures why Dan iterated through so many technological, economic and philosophical ideas over the past couple years.

S-D Logic can also help explain why Goods-Dominant Logic stopped actors from understanding Dan/Radix's value proposition. S-D Logic is exciting in part because it helps people understand what Radix can facilitate.

I know many readers here are just skimming the internet for crypto-nonsense buzzwords and how to get rich, but I think stopping and actually reading a book on this topic is extremely valuable. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J8LQK60/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

The S-D Logic book makes it obvious why Dan renamed the tech Radix and makes you feel a bit warm and fuzzy inside. The book also makes it painfully obvious how much blood, sweat and tears Dan must have put into this project just so he can get people to start having conversations about what he wants to do.

15. Flerg

Flerg New Member

Hi Dan,

I work for an International Strategic Market Research firm.

I'm putting together content that articulates several internal and external problems. I'm also clearing a way forward to implement a simple internal employee gossip protocol so actors can focus on broadcasting problems to other actors who can relay the information or solve part of the problem.

Next steps will be to clear a path forward to start broadcasting many problems through external networks, whether personal/professional, formal/informal, vendor/client etc.

Please PM me appropriate contact information to:

1) Relay one document articulating systematic problems our business ecosystem is experiencing so that you and RadixDLT can identify parts Radix can solve or relay the other actors.

2) One introductory email to one B2B JavaScript development company employee to facilitate a relay of your broadcasted need for JavaScript talent and to facilitate other problem broadcasts/relays.

These two emails will be sent in the next ~Month.

No conversations about NDA's, partnerships, revenue etc. are needed.

16. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Its very nice work)