How do you get points, and what do they mean?

Discussion in 'Meta' started by mebezac, Jun 11, 2013.

1. mebezac

mebezac Crypto-Enthusiast

I see off to the right on the home screen under my name:
    Code:
    mebezac
    What does this mean? I'm assuming you get points for having someone like a post of yours. Do this points do anything for you or are they just part of the forum script and kind of useless?

2. Greg

Greg eMunie Founder Staff Member

I was wondering the same thing.

3. Visin

Visin eMunie Web Developer Staff Member

Alright yeah, I figured this would arise at some point haha.

These points right now are pretty moot and really only exist because of the default XenForo settings, we do plan however in the future to make the points actually mean something to the community.

As for obtaining these points, they will be like doing achievements like in most games. They will result from doing various actions or being part of something. Once the requirement is met, then you are rewarded with these 'points'.

And finally like most things, I am open to all suggestions from the community as how we will handle it and some possible things you all would like to see.

Thanks again guys!

4. mebezac

Cool, that's what I figured. I think the points could come in handy as an incentive for promoting eMunie, or doing some other activity. Maybe special privileges would be unlocked with more points, not sure what those would be though.

Also, will points determine user status (e.g. under my name it says new member) or are those decided by posts?

5. Visin

Yeah there are 'trophy titles' as they are called, which are preset titles that are determined by hitting different point tiers. I think 5 points is the next tier, and then some users will be able to just change their titles without point requirements, so that will probably be gave to the founders as a perk.

6. mebezac

Cool, just changed mine :)

7. Visin

Awesome, I double checked our settings and made sure that the normal registered users are not allowed to change their titles and founders are. So that will stay like that until we think of something else or if it fits well we will keep it.

8. crocodile

crocodile Beta Testers

Hahah, changed mine too.

9. mebezac

I see the trophies now, nice touch :)

10. mrvegas

mrvegas Where's The Beef?

I visit a lot of forums and this is one of he better laid out ones in my opinion!

11. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

Thanks, we got a load of other ideas yet for this forum but we'd like to build at least a moderate following before we spend the time implementing new features etc

12. mebezac

Agreed, never used this forum software before I'm digging it.

13. Ecoinomist

Ecoinomist eMu Analyst

Would love to be the moderator for Economics section, if possible:D !

14. Fuserleer

We'll no doubt need some mods at some point so I'll keep you in mind for sure!

15. Ecoinomist

Ecoinomist eMu Analyst

Thanks!

16. mebezac

Going to post this and hit 100. Time for some sleep, 2:30 am here.

17. Visin

Haha, auto ban! Im kidding ;)

Goodnight, I will be here forever I think.

18. Fuserleer

me too, 7.38 AM here, been up since 9.30am yesterday lol

19. Ecoinomist

Ecoinomist eMu Analyst

I see you hit 101. Bumping my post count ;P

20. kr105

kr105 Dedicated Supporters

Do you plan to make international sections? Like spanish, french, german, etc? I volunteer to the moderation of the spanish section :D