Hi....Withice here..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by withice, Jan 11, 2018.

1. withice

withice Beta Testers

Hi all,

I see you've been doing some redecorating since I was last on....in about 2015!

Are there many of you still left from then? If so, what've you been up to?

Withice x

PS Of course that is if anyone remembers who I am!
  2. wingspan

wingspan Freedom Flyer

hi withice! I remember you well and have often wondered how and where you've been! Luckily you don't have too much to catch up on. Ha ha. no that isn't true. A lot has changed/improved! I recommend read the two white papers, the various pages of www.radix.global, add your email to the mailing list there, join the chatty and not-always-about-Radix telegram group https://forum.radix.global/threads/radix-telegram-group.4522/, read over the reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Radix/, search twitter for latest on "radixdlt" and visit facebook https://www.facebook.com/RadixDLT/. On the telegram group, there is really helpful "pinned" message.
    -cheers and glad you are back! -W
  3. withice

withice Beta Testers

Yay! Someone remembers me and thanks for the welcome.

That looks like a lot of reading...don't suppose you have it video or graphic novel form?

What is a telegram group and do I need to learn Morse code, because I totally would?

Heading off to read stuff...will definitely be back with questions. :)
  4. withice

withice Beta Testers

Oooh first question...just watched the POS video (clearly designed for people like me ;) ), who are the people in the video and what is that weird volcano thing?

Looks like I'll be a good tester for whether your info is good for 'newbies'.
  5. wingspan

wingspan Freedom Flyer

not sure about the volcano - cool humidifier maybe. I saw Robert Olson (COO) on the left, Marc Rubio in the scarf on the right, and Dan himself holding the POS terminal. I would guess Piers Ridyard (CEO) was the cameraman, not sure. Piers did a great presentation in November you should see if you haven't already: along with a follow up segment: plus another video planned after the Jan 16th panel on tokens (http://tokenblast.network/).
    withice likes this.
  6. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

The guy with the POS: Dan Hughes (CTO)
    The guy with the tablet: Robert Olsen (COO)
    The guy sitting down: Marc Rubio (dev)
    Guy filing: JohnnyBitcoin (its his YT acc)

I was sitting behind in the corner.
  7. withice

withice Beta Testers

Anima! Did you use to have a different picture?

Had they put you in the corner...or were you just camera shy?
  8. Lloyd

Lloyd Founders Staff Member

Welcome back withice... good to see you back here again.
  9. Anima

Anima Founders Staff Member

I'm camera shy.. no need to ruin the mmood with my grumpy face :D
  10. withice

withice Beta Testers

Thanks Lloyd...I remember you as you have considerately kept the same photo. ;)

Anima...well we only see Dan's hands, you'll just have to come up with a convoluted reason for your feet to make an appearance next time.
  11. Hansen

Hansen Founders Staff Member

Welcome back withice.
  12. withice

withice Beta Testers

Hey Hansen! I like the line above 'Join Radix' although I want BabyEmus but I'm guessing their time has passed...
  13. Ryan.a85

Ryan.a85 Founders Staff Member

That hatching of baby eMus is probably the only thing you'll miss :)

Good to have you around again Icey.
  14. ianMac

ianMac I need to change my image! Staff Member

Hey good to see you around again!
  15. Rickard

Rickard Beta Testers

16. Rad-voyage

Rad-voyage Member

Discord is a good forum and most crypto head that way
  17. withice

withice Beta Testers

Hey ianMac...still playing those bagpipes I see.

And Rickard is that the Humanity Star in your profile? (Giant disco ball that NZ's Rocket Labs launched into orbit for some reason I haven't quite been able to work out)

Rad-voyage...that phrase is worthy of a fortune cookie. :D