Hi, I'm theblazehen

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by theblazehen, Sep 11, 2013.

1. theblazehen

theblazehen Moderator Staff Member

Hi, I'm theblazehen. I first heard of bitcoin, back in september/october 2012.

Since it seemed like a nice concept, and I wanted to raise cash to pay for a VPS, I started to mine it on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S2.
    Seeing as I was not generating much, I then decided to look at litecoin, and mined that.
    I got heavily into mining, and started mining on my Kindle Fire.

Once I got my netbook for my birthday last year, I started looking into other AltCoins such as NovaCoin. I later managed to build a PC, using my grandpa's old PC, and an old hard drive. I then looked more into altcoins, as this was back in the bitcoin bubble.

During one of these trips to the alt-coin section of BTT I then saw eMunie, and decided that I really liked it. Since then I have only mined quarkcoin to help pay for the faucet's VPS.

I first started "programming" when I created the DNA for a cell in darwinbots, a artificial life simulation program, in a language similar to assembly, when I was around 12-13. You can see it here: http://forum.darwinbots.com/index.php/topic,3446.msg1382880.html#msg1382880
    I had attempted to also learn C++ at that time, however the tutorials that I used were not that great.

I didn't have access to a PC from between June 2010 till 1 Dec 2012, so I attempted to learn bash scripting, by reading PDF's and trying it on my android phone, with debian in a chroot. I also started learning PHP in 2011, using a Nokia 5530, and a PS3. When I got my netbook, then I started learning more about PHP again, and I learnt quite a bit. From about June this year I started learning python

I then used my knowledge of PHP and a little bit of python, to create the faucet for emunie.

Questions?

4 people like this.
  2. billotronic

billotronic Crackpot Idealist

As I was going to St Ives
    I met a man with seven wives
    Every wife had seven sacks
    Every sack had seven cats
    Every cat had seven kittens
    Kittens, cats, sacks, wives
    How many were going to St Ives?

3. Slightlyiffy

Slightlyiffy Founders Staff Member

Its possible to script on a phone? Could not imagin doing all that with such a fiddly tool. Giving your cellbot a go and working well :)

1 person likes this.
  4. theblazehen

7^4 + 1

You technically CAN...

I had an account on 1freehosting.com, and then used x-plore file manager to edit files, and foldersync trial as my FTP client.

5. mrvegas

mrvegas Where's The Beef?

Nice write up blaze.

Now get outside!

1 person likes this.
  6. theblazehen

I assume I should also get laid, do drugs, and steal cars, right? lol

7. Sharky

Sharky Founders Staff Member

No need to steal a car.

8. wezelvis

wezelvis Founders

Sex, Drugs, Rock N' Roll

You decide the order :) (order can change as you get older)

1 person likes this.
  9. Peachy

Peachy Founders Staff Member

Very late response, but my OCD is kicking in on this one.

The actual answer to the riddle is 1. (as it is a trick question)

Reason with relevant sections highlighted:

As I was going to St Ives
    I met a man with seven wives
    Every wife had seven sacks
    Every sack had seven cats
    Every cat had seven kittens
    Kittens, cats, sacks, wives
    How many were going to St Ives?

Thus the answer = 1 since it was only myself going to St Ives while the others were met along my journey to St Ives, but were not going there themselves.

2 people like this.
  10. billotronic

billotronic Crackpot Idealist