Forum branding and clean up

Discussion in 'Meta' started by Fuserleer, May 8, 2017.

?

Do you like the new look?

Poll closed May 11, 2017.
  1. YES!!

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. It's ok

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. No preference

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. NO!!

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

Over the past few days, as many of our regular visitors were aware, the forum was in the process of being branded to the new Radix identity.

This branding is now almost complete, and I would like to get your feedback on the new look...hence poll attached!

As you also may notice, there has been a large clean out of old/irrelevant posts which has now left the forum looking rather sparse.

I felt it was time to decouple the new branding from the old for a number of reasons, but the main motivation being that a lot of the old information present in the legacy posts was out of date and it would only serve to confuse new members and visitors.

Existing members should find everything else intact. Messages, statuses, forum access, and any posts in threads that are remaining.

I hope you like the new look....comments welcome as always!

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    wezelvis, 13Darko, Lloyd and 4 others like this.
  2. Fuserleer

Oh, it should also format a lot better on mobile devices now, fixed up the responsive page formatting :)

Lloyd, trescuernos and Alfred Duler like this.
  3. 13Darko

13Darko Beta Testers

I like the new design. And looks like everything started to work faster :)

4. Donnie

Donnie Beta Testers

Hmmmm this design just doesn't work for me. It looks like some underground crypto project. Personally speaking I prefer blue design more. Most sites use blue-white combination for a reason.

trescuernos likes this.
  5. Lloyd

Lloyd Founders Staff Member

Yup! Checked my phone this morning at home and it was great... formatted perfectly to my 5.25 inch screen. Now on my iPad and it is also perfect in both landscape and portrait... ;)

6. Gedke

Gedke Beta Testers

I find it clean and easier to read, no strong colors which is better.

7. Fuserleer

Pretty solid result so far...though can't please everyone as always with that single "NO!!" vote hehe

There's a few little tweaks to make regarding some constructive feedback, but overall I'm happy that you guys are happy-ish...sorry "no" guy!

8. Cyg

Cyg Beta Testers

When trying to change my avatar by uploading a new one, the original one I'm trying to change comes up instead.

Strange. Guess the Emu doesn't want to go just yet.

9. Fuserleer

Odd...I'll get that checkout out too!

10. crosscourt

crosscourt New Member

I wanted to emphatically say yes!! Only one thing that is missing is 'to the moon' vote option. The texture looks good it is subtle, pleasant and less intrusive/intense color compared to the initial one and very smooth browsing. The infant emunie has matured into RADIX!