Blockstack

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Rickard, May 13, 2017.

1. Rickard

Rickard Beta Testers

Blockstack, building the decentralized internet:
    https://blockstack.org/

Blockstack Whitepaper: A New Decentralized Internet (Part I):
    https://blockstack.org/blog/blockstack-whitepaper-part-1

”At Blockstack, we’ve been (quietly) building a new decentralized internet that has been battle tested in production for over three years now. The Blockstack architecture removes the insecure, trusted third parties that stand between users, apps and their data. This new internet allows for true decentralization, fulfilling the original vision of Sir Tim Berners-Lee and Vint Cerf.”

Joel and wezelvis like this.
  2. Fuserleer

Fuserleer Radix Founder Staff Member

OK so for a change I'm actually quite impressed with a "block chain" project.

Just read the paper. It's consise and well thought out, addresses all the major vulnerabilities and attack vectors...AND they acknowledge that the limiting scalability of blockchain is a future problem they need to solve.

Most of their ideas I agree with or have had similar ones for Radix. The main difference being that we dont need the external data silos because Radix isn't a data bottleneck.

Good project, smart guys.

3. Rickard

Rickard Beta Testers

Tom Xixtus likes this.
  4. cryptrader

cryptrader Founders Staff Member

I got interested in Blockstack myself but I read that it needs to use 3rd party services to actually store the data, as opposed to Maidsafe or Shift which are completely decentralized.

Shift's frontend to IPFS (Interplanetary File System) is already running on a testnet and will be launched on the mainnet any day now. Price has already moved considerably though (I got in at 10c a few months back , now it is at ~$1.60).

5. Tom Xixtus

Tom Xixtus New Member

Wasnt this showcased on Max Keiser on RT?

6. WindyCitySDR

WindyCitySDR New Member

Hello,

I should be able to do the same with our SDR devices and Radix apps.

Just awaiting "Beta" testing approval is all.

7. viktoria.l

viktoria.l New Member